Sunday, September 23, 2007

Motherland


One of the famous Persian bloggers invited other bloggers to write “what is the mother land?” Several Iranian bloggers answered his invitation.I like to write about this as well.
elepehens, lions, bears ,bees, squirrels etc are all, bias about their territories and they try to keep it safe from other opponents attack. Humans are not exception to this instinctive behaviour. We humans became civilized 7000 years ago and based on our instinct we separate our territories and make the world map as it is today. Asia, Africa, Europe,… continents are all made by the eager of humans to keep their territories. We fight, killed each other just like any other animals. But as a more developed creature we put more to it: choosing a flag for our territory and call it our motherland then fight for our dignity and so on and on.

But you know what, simply if some one asks me where your motherland is? I will definitely reply Iran. For me the motherland is the place that I grow up in and I know every detail of its culture. The place that I read about its history at school; The place that I read about great men who brought grand things to it; the place that I talked to other people with my mother tongue; The place that I know the all slang common between the young; the place that I know its traditions, its customs and I am not minority in. Even if you migrate to another land and be flexible enough to mix up with the new society again the traditions of new land is not yours. for instance Christmas songs doesn’t have the same feeling for you as it has for those who grow up with these songs and each part of it remind them of something in their past or childhood.

Just don’t get me wrong I don’t want to be sentimental. Plainly your motherland is the place you grow up there even if you hate it. I think there is no such thing that each person is very responsible for his/her mother land. I don’t think your motherland is necessarily the best place to live in or have the most peace in. You as a human – smart creatures on the earth- were born on a special geography of the world map that we created it ourselves. After that since you grow up there, several ties to the place and people who live there (country mate) came to picture and make that place your motherland. You can leave it or stay and devote yourself to it but if you ask me it is simply optional. It doesn’t matter where you are, all these borders are made by us. Wherever you are just being aware what you want and how you can reach it. Be useful and love all people.

No comments: