I am receiving regular newsletter from the website called: Bottom Line's Daily Health News. Today I noticed very interesting piece of news about the brain.
It’s about 8 efficient ways to boost up your brain suggested by Cynthia R. Green. She mainly encourages people to use and challenge their brain in order to prevent disease such as Alzheimer and also to make the brain sharper and faster.
We can improve our brain by simple activities such as playing puzzle, listening/reading daily news. The sharper we want our brain to be the more challenging things we should do.
In part of the newsletter it advice to “DO DIFFICULT THINGS” such as learning new things: music, language, etc.
There are some top universities who offer free online courses:
Berkeley University of California: http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses.php
Carnegie Mellon University : http://www.cmu.edu/oli/
Massachusetts Institute of Technology: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm
Tufts University: http://ocw.tufts.edu/
More useful advice:
• Do crossword puzzles, Sudoku and jigsaws. For online puzzles go to www.cbsnews.com and click on "Puzzles & Toons." Go to www.jigzone.com for jigsaw and other puzzles.
• Memorize a new word and definition each day at www.wordsmith.org.
• Do math calculations. Visit www.sharpbrains.com for free math brain teasers. Or go to www.gamequarium.com/math.htm.
• Play strategic games such as Battleship and Scrabble (http://www.puzzlexpress.com/Java/Battle/Battle.htm and www.download-free-games.com).
• Try new recipes at easy healthy recipes or epicurious.com.
Bottom Line “Use it or Lose it” :)