Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stay Warm

We are going to a concert tonight, downtown, Toronto. The weather is -10 feels like -18. out of curiosity I checked the weather in my hometown back in Iran. It's a sunny day, +15 feels like +18. Oh My God... I wonder how I ever felt cold during winter when I was going to school.

There is this job opening at the island of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, called "Best Job in The World". Basically they need someone to stay in the island, work 12 ours a week for 6 month and blog. someone to write about the island, the creatures around...They call it best job in the world, for sure it is. more than 200,000 people applied for the job and I won't be surprise to see half of them are from Canada. ;) . A Canadian reporter on radio was making a joke that how about we do the same things and nominate Baffine island. Just to give you an idea:

"Baffin Island offers visitors such unique experiences as viewing polar bear, the Northern Lights, and kayaking between ice flows. Whether you are looking for an out-of-the-way adventure or simply looking to see Northern Canada, Baffin Island has it all. "

Stay Warm :)))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy I found your blog. I'm going to be your often visitor.

Behdokht said...

This job suits me so well especially that swimming skills requirement makes me even more sure ;)

Enjoy the concert.

Hiva said...

:)))0

Georg said...

Bonjour Hiva,

If I understand correctly, you didn't volonteer for this Australian Coral Barrier Island. I wouldn't like to work there either.

The best job is always the one that enables you to do what you like to do and what you are able to do well. Luke warm water, heavy sunshine, colorful fish are certainly enticing but only for a holiday.

Georg

Hiva said...

Hi George,
No I didn't apply, I have so much to do here. But honestly, getting stuck with loads of snow and cold weather, makes Coral Barrier Island a little tempting :))