Thursday, May 02, 2013

The Ring Bearer

Here in Ontario as an engineer you are eligible to receive an Iron ring. You must wear the ring on your little finger of your working hand depends on if you are left or right handed. Today I received my ring and Nima as a ring bearer present it to me. The ceremony was private and I am not supposed to talk about it. No photography or recording were allowed. It was not anything special but still I am going to respect their privacy.

The ceremony was in downtown Toronto. By the time it finished the traffic was at its peak so we decided to stay in a cafe and enjoy the evening. I love it that downtown is so alive. Before the ceremony I arrived in down town at 3:00 pm, there were many people my age sitting on a patio. I was thinking to myself " don't you guys have a job? Are you all winner of a lottery or on social welfare? " how come I can't be sitting in a patio in downtown at 3:00pm?

Anyway we sited in Hard Rock Cafe with a view to Dundas Square which is the heart of downtown. Our waiter found us a perfect table right next to the window close to the patio door. The music was perfect, Freddie Mercury and David Bowie were singing together both very Young. Only a glass of Sangria made me tipsy with a empty stomach. After dinner we decided to walk in Eton Center one of Toronto's giant mall thus the tipsy phase cool off a little bit.

Sun, people, beautiful spring colors on dresses behind boutique's window, music, sangria and a ring of iron to constantly remind me of my responsibility all made it a perfect Thursday.

2 comments:

Behdokht said...

Lovely! This ring thing sounds cool! :)

Deep Blue Sea said...

Hi Hiva,

This sounds wonderful. How are you doing..

Deep Blue Sea